We're Hiring: Business Development Manager
- Based in Devon
- From £25,000 to £45,000 dependent on experience
- Potential to include commission on targets
- Full-time with some flexible hours
- 37.5 hrs per week.
Bird is a fast growing, award winning, B Corp certified, fashion brand. For us it’s about reframing what really matters; people and planet. Seeking out the best sustainable materials for our frames, including certified woods, bio-based acetate, renewable cork and recycled aluminium, we create exceptional designs and focus obsessively on quality.
Every pair of Birds gives back through our Share Your Sun partnership with SolarAid. Helping to distribute solar light to families in Zambia and Malawi, replacing the use of fossil fuel burning lamps.
We became the first B Corp Certified eyewear brand in the UK, and continue to pioneer change in the eyewear industry.
Business Development Manager
Expanding our distributor base of high street opticians and fashion boutiques, maintaining relations and supporting them to present Bird Eyewear in a way that grows our brand equity and achieves high rates of sale.
- As a Business Development Manager, you would be expected to identify and take initiative on business opportunities.
- Helping to develop new B2B initiatives and supporting wider sales strategy.
- Active lead generation of new accounts, overseeing existing customer relationships, plus supporting our growing team of reps on the road
- Content creation and copywriting to target new B2B opportunities.
- Administrative duties; including CRM input and management, recording sales and invoicing.
- Helping create and take part in trade shows and events.
Our ideal candidate would be:
- A dynamic person with experience managing B2B customer accounts (preferably within fashion or eyewear)
- Strong communication skills both internally and externally, and comfortable using social media and emailing software.
- Strong sales and relationship management skills and the ability to maximize the value from our partnerships.
- An individual who can be flexible, and willing to get involved and learn as the business grows.
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple tasks at one time.
- A self-starter, confident managing self to deliver high quality work on time with a flexible can-do approach to work.
- Knowledge and awareness of sustainable products and business approach.
If you are interested in joining the team, please send an email and CV to us at email@example.com
Closing date: 5th August